Conference news and updates
In light of on-going developments with COVID-19 and the unpredictable implications on both health and travel restrictions, ACM SIGSPATIAL and the Organizing Committee have decided to convert SIGSPATIAL 2020 to a fully virtual conference. The virtual conference will be run from 8:00am to 6:00pm (PST) 2020-11-04T16:00:00.0Z2020-11-05T02:00:00.0Z each day, November 3-6, 2020.
All the talks will be made available to registered participants via Zoom webinars, with live Q&A with presenters. Slack channels will be used for asynchronous discussions. Pre-recorded talk videos will also be available at YouTube and BiliBili before the conference. We will also provide Gather, a virtual space that enables attendees to interact more effectively online, combining video-calling with a 2D map, and letting attendees walk around and talk to the other people right next to them.
We look forward to your participation and meeting you virtually at ACM SIGSPATIAL 2020!
You can replay the recorded sessions with the replay button in the program.
- (11.13.2020) Proceedings have been posted.
- (11.01.2020) Instructions for Gather.town have been posted.
- (10.23.2020) Guidelines for virtual conference participation have been posted.
- (10.20.2020) Program and Schedule have been posted.
- (10.16.2020) Keynotes have been posted.
- (10.05.2020) Instructions for recording and uploading talk videos have been posted.
- (10.05.2020) Accepted Papers have been posted.
- (10.05.2020) The Registration has been posted.
- (06.24.2020) The Call for Tutorials has been posted.
- (05.06.2020) The deadline for submission has been revised.
- (05.06.2020) The requirement for paper length has been revised.
- (05.06.2020) The policy for author changes has been revised.
- (03.04.2020) The Call for Papers has been posted.
The ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems 2020 (ACM SIGSPATIAL 2020), the twenty eighth edition, will be held in Seattle, Washington, USA, November 3-6, 2020. It began as a series of symposia and workshops starting in 1993 with, the aim of bringing together researchers, developers, users, and practitioners in relation to novel systems based on geo- spatial data and knowledge, and fostering interdisciplinary discussions and research in all aspects of geographic information systems. The conference provides a forum for original research contributions covering all conceptual, design, and implementation aspects of geospatial data ranging from applications, user interfaces, and visualization to data storage and query processing and indexing. The conference is the premier annual event of the ACM Special Interest Group on Spatial Information (ACM SIGSPATIAL).